Monday 8 October 2012

Just chillin'

I know I haven't written in a while, and this post isn't going to be about food either.
Lately I've noticed a change in my attitude toward people and encounters, from a particular, impatient attitude to one that is more 'zen'. I don't get as frustrated when I have to wait long in line, when the driver in front is being an asshole, when people are being rude.  I just take out my book and read, shake my head, laugh it off and change lane, or just ignore and shrug them off.
I wonder if it's got to do with having lived in London and California, losing some of that mad-rush I-don't-care-I-have-somewhere-to-go / i-must-have-an-issue-with-everyone mentality from Asia, or just a process of growing up? Nevertheless, acquiring the ability to choose what I should be truly expending my energy on has made me a happier, more carefree person. And I think everyone should do that too -- after all, getting angry with the random person who bumped into you and didn't say sorry will only bring you grief, while they just move on with their lives unconcerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please show respect to the blog owner and other commenters when leaving your thoughts.