Sharing my friend, Francine's, recipe for roasted potatoes. Her recipe yields potatoes that are soft on the inside but with a maximized surface area for crispiness on the outside.
- Vegetable oil, or olive oil (not extra virgin)
- Boil skinned potatoes in a pot with salt.
- (After 10-15 min) Drain the water after the potatoes are ~50% soft.
- With the cover attached, shake the potatoes inside the pot. The collisions give the potatoes rough edges, which will maximize the surface area for roasting.
- Place the potatoes on a fully oiled pan (oil should be around 1mm thick).
- Sprinkle rosemary generously over the potatoes.
- Bake for 30 min at 375 degF.
- Flip the potatoes over, and bake for another 30 min, until a nice golden, crispy crust forms.
- Ready to serve! Best eaten hot!
|Look at that crust!!|