Sharing a recipe for tea smoked chicken, that I received from my friend.
This recipe is super simple, takes minimal effort, yet yields a juicy, tender chicken with crispy pepper-crusted skin, yum!
- One whole chicken, or chicken parts that you would like to cook
- Soy sauce
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- 2 cups of tea at room temperature (any flavor of black or green tea, I used Constant Comment black tea, with some bergamot flavors)
- (optional) Mushrooms, vegetables, etc.
- Generously rub the chicken all over with soy sauce and olive oil. This gives the chicken a nice golden brown crust after baking.
- Sprinkle black pepper on the surface of the chicken.
- Pour the tea into the pan, add the vegetables (optional) on the side
- Place inside the oven at 375 degF for 1.5 to 2 hours.
- Wait to eat!
You don't have to bast the chicken or do anything fancy! Because the steam from the tea will make sure the chicken stays moist, you don't even have to cover the meat with foil. Isn't it amazing??
And that's it!! Ready to serve to guests at a dinner party or for several yummy meals.
My friends commented that it tasted a bit like Chinese herbed chicken, though this was so so so much easier to make. And the skin! Heavenly.