Here's the recipe (really easy) to make a 8-inch square pan of moist bread pudding!
- 6 slices of bread (stale bread preferred)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- 3/4 cup of sugar (I like to do a mix of white and brown sugar)
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 3/4 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tablespoon of nutmeg
- Heat up the oven to 350 F, or 175 C.
- Cut the crusts off the bread, and tear the bread into big chunks.
- Lay the bread and crusts loosely in the pan. (See first photo; I also line my pan with parchment paper to minimize the amount of washing I have to do afterward)
- Sprinkle raisins amidst the bread.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients in a bowl, and mix well.
- Pour the egg mixture onto the bread.
- Make sure that the bread soaks up the egg mixture, using a fork to press lightly on the bread. (see second photo)
- Put the pudding into the oven, and let it bake for 45 minutes, or until the top springs back when lightly tapped. (see third photo)
|Placing bread and raisins loosely in a parchment-lined pan|
|After adding the egg mixture|
|Done and ready to eat!|