Tuesday 3 July 2012

Bagel

I used to think that bagels are too dense, but recently developed a liking to them. We get them every morning at the course, and they taste great with cream cheese! My favorites so far are sesame and whole wheat.


You can also do fun math-y stuff with them! e.g. making them into two linked halves or a Mobius strip


Some nutritional information about bagels: a bagel has 300 calories wheras a slice of white bread gives only 90 calories (it's a pretty dense bread after all), 1.9g protein, and 0.6g fiber. I would suggest eating wheat bread since that would have 3.6g protein and 1.9g fiber with the lower calorie count,


update on 14 July: I realize that I can only eat a quarter of a bagel before my jaw gets tired of chewing

3 comments:

  1. Haha you're so cute (re: the mobius strip part). I used to not like them that much either, and somehow started liking them after I ate them enough times... My parents say it's the closest thing to Man Toh they can find in western food!

    I think my favourite flavors are choc chip, and sesame. I also like cream cheese+smoked salmon (the cooked flakey kind) on it! Try it if they have it. Noah's Bagels also has this strawberry cream cheese spread that also tastes good.... yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking of the same thing about the smoked salmon! I'll go get some from the supermarket one of these days ^_^
    re: man tou, there is indeed some resemblance in texture, now that you mention it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can understand why we didn't like them much before.. there isn't much intrinsic taste in the bread after all -- most of the flavor comes from the stuff you eat with them, unlike bread which can have a subtle sweetness on its own

    ReplyDelete

Please show respect to the blog owner and other commenters when leaving your thoughts.