Sunday 8 July 2012

Max's Grill (Pacific Grove)

came here for dinner with a friend today after seeing that it was 4 stars on yelp, but it was only ok.


We both ordered the 3-course dinner for $25 each, and I chose crab cakes, sand dabs with white wine cream sauce, and vanilla ice-cream with chocolate sauce.


I wasn't sure if the crab cake was fresh enough, but it definitely didn't taste as great as what I've had before in the Bay Area/San Francisco. Now that I think about it, I don't even remember tasting crab! It was also too salty... I actually had to squeeze on some lemon to muffle the salt and enhance the other flavors of the crab, something that I never do!
The grilled sand dabs were nice, and were slightly different from what I had at Vivolo's, although the texture was consistently soft. The cream sauce went well with the fish, but the saffron rice was a little dry, and could use some extra sauce. I did like the asparagus a lot though.
The ice-cream was good, but how wrong can you go with that?


All being said, I'm not sure if I will return.






209 Forest Ave

Pacific Grove, CA 93950

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please show respect to the blog owner and other commenters when leaving your thoughts.