Thursday 26 July 2012

Dinner at home (Fried rice)

After spending 4 weeks away, I really missed cooking in my own kitchen!
So on Sunday my boyfriend and I made soba, mushrooms sauteed in oyster sauce, pan-fried salmon, and asparagus! It was our first time cooking asparagus and it turned out pretty well. All we did was to mix together some olive oil, black pepper and garlic, drizzle that over a line of asparagus (tough ends chopped off), and placed it in the oven at 400F.


On Monday I made fried rice, broccoli and mushrooms in oyster sauce, and black bean chicken. 
For the chicken I used black bean sauce from Lee Kum Kee, and just steamed it. 


This is how I make fried rice:
1. wait for the rice to finish cooking in the rice cooker, leave to keep warm
2. stir-fry onions, garlic and carrots in the pan 
3. beat 1 or 2 eggs, add some white pepper and soy sauce
4. loosen the rice in the rice cooker
5. pour the raw egg over and rice and mix well. This will help to coat every grain of rice with egg, instead of having lumps of egg in your fried rice
6. Before the egg gets cooked by the hot rice, pour it all into your pan with the vegetables (add more oil if necessary), and fry everything up



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please show respect to the blog owner and other commenters when leaving your thoughts.